Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fall Centerpieces



Fall is my favorite season! All the beautiful colors and fabulous smells! I got the kids busy yesterday making some centerpieces to go on my shelf. I love the way they turned out!

Materials needed:
  • Mason jar (We used the big ones)
  • Colored rice (We used red, orange and yellow)
  • Bird seed
  • Fall colored beads and buttons (Can also use wood beads.)
  • Fall colored pipe cleaners
  • Pumpkin pie spice (Makes them smell great!)
There are no real instructions. I presented my children with the materials, and let them create. I showed them how to curl the pipe cleaners on their fingers, and it was my idea to put the beads around the top. Echo made hers completely by herself, and I helped Charlie with his. He kept taking everything out of the jar, so at the very end, I dumped it all in and called it good. :) I sprinkled them with pumpkin pie spice to make them smell good. I love the way they look on my shelf. I placed them on on a clear glass plate with some other decorations and some acorns the kids found with my mom. I added two Fall scented candles and it looks perfect!

Here are some action shots of the kids putting them together. 



 Although there was still quite the mess on the the and floor, the trays really did help contain most of it. 

 Curling it on her little finger. 






 She also wanted to make a bracelet for herself. 



I hope you all enjoy making some too. Please leave a link below if you make one (or something else seasonal to help decorate), so I can go and check it out!

Tot School Blog Roll

Echo is 51 months
Charlie is 30 months

No comments:

Post a Comment