Monday, January 16, 2012

Heart shaped crayons DIY







You will need:

~Old crayons, with paper removed.
~Silicone pan (any shape, I just did a heart, for next month's theme)

Steps: 

~Remove paper from crayons and separate by color. I'm not sure how many of each color I used. Maybe 6?


 ~Break crayons, and put into your pan. 



 ~Bake in the oven at 350* until crayons are melted. About 10 mins. 


~Remove and allow to cool completely. 



~Once cooled, pop from pan. 

Once I had my crayons out, I took a knife and shaved off the extra white wax that was on the tops of the crayons. I did this, so that the crayon can be used on all sides. 


Enjoy!










1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I really like those! Do I have to use silicone, though? I'm guessing yes. I just don't have any silicone. I have cookie cutters, and maybe I could put metal cookie cutters on parchment paper and then put the crayons in the cutters to mold? I don't know...

    ReplyDelete