Sunday, April 22, 2012

Sensory Bottles

I thought I would write up a quick post about our sensory bottles. My kids LOVE them! (I kind of like to play with them too.) I just used small plastic Pepsi bottles with the labels removed. You can either glue the lids on or screw them on tightly. I chose not to glue. Below are the bottles that I made.

 Water and spikey balls. The balls sink when you flip the bottle over. 

 Rainbow rice "I Spy" I put several small items in with the rice. Sparkle loves to turn the bottle to find different things. 

 Green water and Oil. I could have used more oil and less water. But it still works just fine. 

 Water and soap. Shake to make bubbles or "snow"
 Beans and pipe cleaners. This one was simply for the noise factor. I just put the pipe cleaners in to give it some color. 

 Cut up straws. At first this one was really neat. I was just putting straws in to make a softer noise. After I did it I realized that if you shale the bottle up the straws stick to the side from static. *Note: after awhile this will stop happening."

 Hair gel and glass stones. 

Piper cleaners. I don't have the magnet yet, but this one uses a magnet on the outside, to make the pipe cleaners stick to the inside of the bottle. 

The possibilities are truly endless.  I also have some bigger ones filled with water and other random things. Ribbon, beads, pom poms, pipe cleaners, buttons. Those are fun b/c some things sink and some float. I made those ones with bigger bottles though, and they are a little heavy, so they don't get played with much.

Even though my kids play with them a lot, I just realized that I don't have any pictures. 

I hope this was helpful, for you to make your own. If you have some that you have that are different than mine, please leave a comment about them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment